GRDI2020 was present at ICT2010, 27-29 September 2010, Brussels, Belgium, with an exhibition stand in the ICT Connects area - SDI: Scientific Data Infrastructures - Empowering research in the data-driven Age
This was a technology or research stand
, located in Zone R4 - ICT Connects
. Stand number: R4-04
The availability of an unprecedented amount of experimental data
poses new problems related to its storage, management and preservation.
Problems concerning the storage, management, search and
preservation of data have a direct impact on the efficiency of obtaining
results and transferring them into products and services. As a result,
scientific data is now a priority in the European Commission’s FP7.
GRDI2020 (towards a 10-year vision for global research data) together
with a group of scientific data infrastructure projects – D4Science-II,
DRIVER II, HELIO, IMPACT, METAFOR, OpenAIRE,
PARSE.Insight and SEALS – demonstrated data infrastructure solutions
spanning multiple-user communities and scientific disciplines, from
astronomy to digital libraries, and biology to climate change.
At the stand major representatives from all the projects were present and offered to the audience all the details related to their projects, all the latest news and information in the field of data research infrastructures and specific application domains.
As ICT2010 was a paperless event a Virtual Goody Bag
with electronic resources has been created and a broad series of branded gadgets were distributed at the stand.GRDI2020 Virtual Goody Bag at ICT2010
GRDI2020 fosters an environmentally approach to knowledge exchange.
This is why we offered a Virtual Goody Bag full of free digital resources like press releases, session hand-outs and briefings for the event.
Enjoy GRDI2020 Virtual Goody bag for ICT 2010 navigation!!
- SDIe-Catalogue: The document gives an overview of all the projects that will participate to the SDI - Scientific Data Infrastructures - Empowering research in the data-driven Age exhibition stand at ICT2010, 27-29 September 2010, Brussels, Belgium. The stand is co-ordinated by GRDI2020 in collaboration with a group of scientific data infrastructure projects - D4Science-II, DRIVER II, HELIO, METAFOR, OpenAIRE, PARSE.Insight, SEALS.
- GRDI2020 Networking Session Agenda
- GRDI2020 Networking Session Chair & Speaker Profiles
- GRDI2020 flier
- GRDI2020 March eAnnouncement: A Roadmap to Empower Research in the data-driven Age: Launch of GRDI2020
- GRDI2020 eAnnouncement: Federating Digital Repositories to better serve Community Contexts Digital Repositories Research Group, 18 March 2010, Munich, Germany OGF28
- GRDI2020 fact sheet
ICT event is Europe's biggest Information & communication Technology event that hosted over 6000 delegates. This edition took place at the centre of Europe and at the main seat of the European Commission. ICT event is a huge visibility platform for all research initiatives
across Europe and offers an opportunity to explore what is
happening in the fields of Information and Communication Technology in
terms of innovative solutions, applications and initiatives. Researchers
from all parts of Europe and beyond presented their latest work in
upstream ICT innovation as well as close-to-market projects.